Andrew McLean Galloway IV is a 36-year-old professional wrestler from Ayr, Scotland. He is currently signed with WWE and performs on RAW under the ring name, Drew McIntyre.
Galloway began training for his wrestling career at the age of 15 at Frontier Wrestling Alliance’s Academy in England. He made his official debut in 2003 at British Championship Wrestling and for the next few years he continued to work the independent circuit until he signed with WWE in late 2007.
Galloway made his television debut on SmackDown in October 2007 in a match where he defeated Brett Major. He wrestled briefly on the main roster and was then sent to WWE’s developmental brand, Florida Championship Wrestling (now NXT) and won the FCW Championship the following year.
Galloway re-debuted at SmackDown in 2009 and was reintroduced by Vince McMahon as “a future world champion.” He bounced from SmackDown to RAW to NXT but was then released from his contract in June 2014.
After his release from WWE, Galloway worked for various independent promotions including Evolve, Insane Championship Wrestling, Total Nonstop Action Wrestling and Pro Wrestling Guerrilla.
Drew McIntyre Becomes WWE NXT Champion
In April 2017, Galloway re-signed with WWE and wrestled for the company’s NXT brand. He defeated Bobby Roode at NXT Takeover to win the NXT Championship. Galloway defended his title until November 2017 when he lost the title to Almas. After the match it was revealed that he had suffered a torn bicep.
During the WWE’s Superstar Shake-up in April 2019, McIntyre returned to RAW and has wrestled for that brand ever since. In January 2020, he won the Royal Rumble earning himself a championship title match at WrestleMania 36.
Drew McIntyre’s WWE Championship
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, Wrestlemania 36 became an audience-free, two night event and it was there that Drew McIntyre defeated Brock Lesnar for the WWE Championship. The following night, he defended his title successfully against Big Show on Monday Night RAW. Drew McIntyre and Seth Rollins began feuding which led to a match at Money in the Bank which Drew McIntyre won.
Drew McIntyre started feuding in May with Bobby Lashley and defeated him at Backlash to retain his title. At The Horror Show at Extreme Rules, he also successfully retained the championship against Dolph Ziggler. In August, he defeated Randy Orton at SummerSlam but their feud continued and they battled at Clash of Champions in an Ambulance Match. With the help of Big Show, Ric Flair, Christian and Shawn Michaels, Drew McIntyre defeated Orton.
Drew McIntyre’s Second WWE Championship Reign
At the Hell In A Cell pay-per-view event in October 2020, McIntyre lost the WWE Championship to Randy Orton.
The following month, on Monday, November 16, 2020, Drew McIntyre defeated Randy Orton and regained the WWE Championship title. He lost the WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber when The Miz cashed in his Money in the Bank contract and pinned him. McIntyre’s second reign as WWE Champion lasted 96 days.
At WrestleMania 37, McIntyre challenged Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship, but was unsuccessful after interference from MVP. At WrestleMania Backlash, McIntyre challenged Lashley again in a triple threat match for the title also involving Braun Strowman but was unsuccessful once again.
On the May 31st episode of Monday Night RAW, McIntyre started trash talking Kofi Kingston about not beating Brock Lesnar, something that he had done at WrestleMania 36. But after his match McIntyre showed respect to Kingston by shaking hands with him after winning the match against him to earn a WWE Championship at Hell in a Cell against Bobby Lashley. The added stipulation of a Last Chance Hell in a Cell match, which meant that if McIntyre lost, he could no longer challenge for the championship, as long as Lashley remained champion. At the event, McIntyre failed once again to defeat Lashley for the title after interference from MVP.
On the June 28 episode of RAW, Drew McIntyre won a last chance qualifying match defeating Riddle and AJ Styles to enter the Money in the Bank match. At the event, McIntyre was unable to win the briefcase after being attacked by Jinder Mahal, Veer, and Shanky. During this feud, he introduced a sword called “Angela” (named after his late mother).
Career Championships and Accomplishments
- British Championship Wrestling
- BCW Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- Danish Pro Wrestling
DPW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Evolve Championship (1 time)
- Open the Freedom Gate Championship (1 time)
- Evolve Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- Evolve Tag Team Championship Tournament (2016)
- Florida Championship Wrestling
- FCW Florida Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- FCW Florida Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- Insane Championship Wrestling
- ICW World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- Irish Whip Wrestling
- IWW International Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Outback Championship Wrestling
- OCW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Preston City Wrestling
- There Can Be Only One Gauntlet (2016)
- Scottish Wrestling Alliance
- Scottish Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Total Nonstop Action Wrestling
- Impact Grand Championship (1 time)
- TNA World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Feast or Fired (2016 – World Heavyweight Championship contract)
- Global Impact Tournament (2015)
- TNA Joker’s Wild (2016)
- Union of European Wrestling Alliances
- European Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- What Culture Pro Wrestling/Defiant Wrestling
- WCPW Championship (1 time)
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
- WWE Championship (2 times)
- WWE Intercontinental Championship (1 time)
- NXT Championship (1 time)
- WWE (Raw) Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- Men’s Royal Rumble (2020)