Barry Young is a 34-year-old professional wrestler from Scotland. He is signed with the WWE and performs on WWE NXT UK under the ring name, Wolfgang. He is one-half of the current NXT UK Tag Team Champions with Mark Coffey.
Young began his wrestling career in 2003 and wrestled for numerous promotions in the British independent circuit. He is best known for his time wrestling for Insane Championship Wrestling where he is a former member of the New Age Kliq (NAK) stable and is a former ICW World Heavyweight Champion and former ICW Zero-G Champion.
Wolfgang’s WWE Debut
Wolfgang debuted on January 4, 2017, for WWE competing in the first United Kingdom Championship Tournament to crown the first WWE United Kingdom Champion. In the first round of the tournament, Wolfgang defeated Tyson T-Bone. Wolfgang advanced through the quarterfinals after eliminating Trent Seven but was defeated by Tyler Bate in the semi finals.
On January 28, Wolfgang made his American debut during the NXT taping in a dark match where he defeated Aaron Solo. Wolfgang returned on April 2nd during the fourth night of the 2017 WrestleMania Axxess weekend event, challenging the reigning Insane Championship Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion Trent Seven but did not succeed in winning the title. On June 9, Wolfgang appeared during the first day of the 2017 NXT At Download event, teaming with Gentleman Jack Gallagher. They challenged the reigning NXT Tag Team Champions, The Authors Of Pain (Akam & Rezar), but were not successful in winning the tag titles. On the second day of the tournament, Wolfgang lost in a singles match to No Way Jose. On the last day of the tournament, he also lost to Kassius Ohno.
Wolfgang’s NXT Television Debut
On August 23rd, 2017, Wolfgang made his televised debut on NXT teaming with Pete Dunne in a tag team match defeating Trent Seven & Tyler Bate. On September 13th, he returned to NXT and unsuccessfully challenged NXT Champion Pete Dunne to a title match. In April 2018, Wolfgang competed during the second night of the 2018 WrestleMania Axxess weekend event in the NXT North American Champonship Invitational. He was eliminated in the first round by Hideo Itami.
When NXT returned to the United Kingdom in June 2018, holding the second annual WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament, Wolfgang challenged the reigning champion Adam Cole for the NXT North American Championship but did not succeed. In November 2018, Wolfgang teamed with The Coffey Brothers in a tag team match where they defeated Ashton Smith, Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews.
On the December 5th, 2018 episode of NXT UK, the trio of Wolfgang and the Coffey brothers were officially dubbed, “Gallus.” On October 4, 2019, Wolfgang and Mark Coffey defeated Flash Morgan Webster and Mark Andrews to win the NXT UK Tag Team Championships. On February 25, 2021, Gallus’ 16-month reign as NXT UK Tag Team Champions came to an end after being defeated by the tag team, Pretty Deadly.
Career Championships and Accomplishments
- British Championship Wrestling
- BCW Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- BCW Openweight Championship (2 times)
- BCW Tag Team Championship (5 times)
- Insane Championship Wrestling
- ICW World Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- ICW Zero-G Championship (1 time)
- ICW “Match of the Year” Bammy Award
- Square Go! (2016)
- Premier British Wrestling
- PBW Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- PBW Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- PBW Heavyweight Championship Tournament (2006)
- Rock N Wrestling
- Highland Rumble (2016)
- Showcase Pro Wrestling
- SPW British Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- Scottish Wrestling Alliance
- NWA Scottish Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- SWA Laird of the Ring Championship (1 time)
- SWA Tag Team Championship (2 times)
- Laird Of The Ring Tournament (2007)
- World Wide Wrestling League
- W3L Heavyweight Champion (1 time)
- W3L Tag Team Championship (1 time)
- Seven Deadly Sins Tournament (2010)
- Wrestle Zone Wrestling
- wZw Interpromotional Championship (1 time)
- World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
- NXT UK Tag Team Championship (1 time, current)